History of Revista Chilena de Historia Natural
The Revista Chilena de Historia Natural was founded in 1897 by Professor Carlos E. Porter, who was its Director until 1941. From 1941 to 1981, the journal was published by the Chilean Society of Natural History (Sociedad Chilena de Historia Natural). From 1983 on, the publication of the journal has been in charge of the Biology Society of Chile (Sociedad de Biología de Chile).
Since its foundation, the following scientists have served as Chief Editor for the journal: Carlos Porter (1897-1941), Francisco Riveros (1942-1951), Nibaldo Bahamonde (1952-1955), Ernst R. Hajek (1956-1963; 1983-1991), Fabián M. Jaksic (1992-1998), F. Patricio Ojeda (1999-2002), Luis A. Ebensperger (2003-2008), and Patricio A. Camus (2009-2013).